Friday, May 30, 2008

The Dinner Party, Take 2

My intergenerational feminist panel went out together to see Caryl Churchill's play, Top Girls, the other night. Courtney wrote it up over at feministing yesterday, and hence I point you over there. C writes that it got her thinking about women's lives, childbirth, sacrifice, our feminist legacy--and it got me thinking too. This pic is from the first scene, which is a nutty dinner party with women from different points in history. And speaking of dinner parties, I'm going to see Judy Chicago's version at the Brooklyn Museum in a few weeks. In lieu of a "bachelorette" party, my friend Rebecca arranged a private tour. I'd love to hear what other brides-to-be out there have done to revamp the ole "bachelorette." Share?!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm going to the Brooklyn Museum to see that, too! (Sometime at the end of June.) Not for my bachelorette party, though. My best friends have known ever since before I got engaged that I just wanted an oldschool slumber party with popcorn and movies and board games with my best girlfriends.

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J said...

I saw Judy Chicago's The Dinner Party last summer while in NYC for a Feminist Organizing class from Oregon State University. It was awesome!

SinlessTouch said...

not the typical bachelorette party one would expect but as long as everybody had a great time, its all good right? :) im going with my wife to see it by the end of June.