Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sex Ed at Starbucks


I just got an email from a coordinator at Current TV, where they just released a compelling video that profiles "Ducky Doolittle" as she travels across the country teaching people about sexual empowerment. So I'm sitting here at Starbucks (yes, evil Starbucks) and I open the link for the video and before I know it Ducky is shouting "THIS IS THE CLITORIS!" through my computer, for all of Starbucks to hear. Hehe. I guess that's kind of the point--and I'm all for it. But still, I'm left here at Starbucks kinda wanting to crawl under my chair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. I used to teach middle school and know that there is nothing kids want or need more than an adult in their lives who can talk to them about important topics without feeling weird or judging. So much of kids misinformation that the spread amongst themselves as fact, actually came from a misinformed adult or an adult who tried to explain something using euphemisms.